Episode 2: Last Woman Standing
Welcome to our Tropisode on the phenomenon of the Last Woman Standing. Also known as the Final Girl or Survivor Girl, she’s the oft lone survivor at the end of a horror film.
Who is she? What are her origins? And what role does she play in horror cinema?
Join Jen and Dawn as they discuss the original Survivor Girls, their descendants, and take a look at a number of examples from movies from the 70’s to today.
We used a number of resources for this episode, if you’re interested in learning more on this topic and the many others they cover, here are some links for you:
- Men, Women and Chainsaws: Gender in the Modern Horror Film by Carol J. Clover
- Dance Macabre by Stephen King
- Halloween Slasher Spectacular: Stuff Mom Never Told You podcast 10/31/2011
New podcasts will go live the 1st and 15th of every month!
Listen, like and reblog and let us know what you think!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @womenincaskets
- Tumblr: http://womenincaskets.tumblr.com/
Next podcast: Horror Takes a Holiday: April Fool’s Day