Extra Life 2017
In 2008, an intrepid group of gamers came together to raise some money for children's hospitals. Nine years and more than $30 MILLION dollars later, they're still going strong with the annual Extra Life marathon to support the Children's Miracle Network of hospitals.
This year, on November 4th, from 10am to 10pm CST, we're joining them with a livestream of horror games and whatever else our evil minds can concoct. We've been wanting to do something like this for a long time and we're beyond thrilled to join up for a good cause.
"But Dawn and Jen, great Mistresses of Mayhem," you may ask, "How might I help you in this most charitable endeavor?" (Or something to that effect, you can put it in your own words.)
We're glad you asked!
- Follow JenBrownPlays on Twitch - that's where our livestream will be. (It's also where Jen broadcasts a weekly stream of her mostly failing at playing games. It's amusing, you should try it.)
- Go to the Women In Caskets Extra Life Page and make a donation. We have a goal of $500, if we make it, we'll do something special. If we go past it, well, shoot, we'll just have to make something that much more special. Your donations are tax deductible and 100% of the funds raised go to local hospitals - in this case, Dell Children's Hospital here in Austin, TX.
- You can go to our Facebook or Twitter pages and suggest games for us to play. Or suggest them here, we're not picky. We won't be able to go the full 24 hours, but we'll go as long as we can with as many games as we can. (No Desert Bus, we promise, although Desert Bus for Hope is another AMAZING charity that deserves your consideration.)
- Spread the word. Share our Tweet, Facebook post, this post, anything to raise awareness.
- Look at the other contributors! A lof of you found us through Jen's work at Rooster Teeth and they do it up big every year. A lot of other streamers, 'casters, and YouTubers participate, so if we're not your cup of tea, someone else might be.
We'll post a schedule closer to the date when we have our plans nailed down, but until then, we're shilling for donations.
Do it for the kids.